View Single Post
      07-10-2012, 02:22 PM   #91
e92_m3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 e92 m3

IMHO, I just see the "Diluting of the ///M brand" as a positive thing for BMW to keep up with sales against other auto manufacturers. I bet if BMW started to lose money, the ///M brand is the first one to go. BMW has decided diluting the ///M brand to make more money, which will lead to better sales, and more ///M's for us in the future.

They don't want following the same fate as saab, alfa romeo and citroen in which all have fallen in the same pit which led to their downfall.

We all know that the Lime Rock edition M3 is all for marketing. All cosmetic mods. NO PERFORMANCE modification at all. You could actually build one just like it (Not exactly the same, but VERY close to it) if you already own a 6-speed e92 M3 with the competition package. Since you have the carbon roof as standard equipment, all you have to do is get the following:
--> Orange wrap (Just like forum member Archiebabes)
--> BMW performance spoiler
--> BMW performance exhaust
--> BMW performance steering wheel
--> BMW CF chin splitters
--> BMW performance seats

There you have it. ALL COSMETIC mods to produce a pretty much replica of the lame Lime Rock edition M3.

Hellaflush? All I could say is "effyo'flush","flushnuff", and Instead of 'illest', I'm calling it "faillest". It's just form over function nowadays...
-END RANT
Appreciate 0