View Single Post
      11-12-2007, 06:48 PM   #7
lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition

It's not that simple. You don't simply take an engine which has significantly more power and drop it into existing car unless you have planned for it in advance and designed your drivetrain to accomodate the increase in torque. In other words, with a lower revving torque monster, the entire drivetrain would have to be redesigned and gain weight in the process--not to mention the engine you are referring to would most likely weigh more than the E92 M3 engine to begin with. Who wants all that extra weight? I don't. The M3 is already getting porky like the Audis. Then there is the issue of what one can realistically achieve with all the extra torque in a RWD car unless you live in Germany. The corvette has 600hp. I personally don't see that I can ever put that to some kind of meaningful use on the road without I or someone else ending up in the ditch. I'll take my M3 to the track once a month, but even then, I don't know that an additional 150hp (with the additional weight) would make it more enjoyable or not.
Appreciate 0