View Single Post
      01-16-2009, 04:02 PM   #1
KINGLEH
Major
Rep
Drives: 00 GTR - 09 E92 M

Made my own exhuast....

This is mainly for fun.. I will be getting a new system soon.. from Borla....

I took the eise off because it just wasnt loud enough for me... and using the stock pipes i cut for the eise... i built this...

I might use the exhaust i built for track days only.. once i get my Borla...

Ive really been wanting to hear what a single tip design would sound like.. so i built it.... the 4 massive tip designs from every company looks pretty good.. but a 3 inch single exhaust will flow 600hp easy.. so theres plenty of 'room' if you will inside.. with my design....

a while back a buddy build an exhaust for his cup car.. having the pipes come together as one right before the tip.. and the sound was incredible.. that 'F1' style high pitch roar... so i tried for this sound..

im waiting now for my buddy who is a very good welder to cover up my horrible tak welds and put it all together... then i will paint this flat black with high temp paint...

it will be on and running tonight....

Im not a welder.. or a fabber.. but i would like to learn as much as i can... so here is what i did.. every tak weld.. every cut pipe.. grinded.. so forth..... built the thing from scratch..... by me...

the materials...

Two 2.5 inch pipes with curves..

a 2.5inch to 3 inch expander..

a 3inch race muffler..

and the final... takd up... ready to be completely welded and installed....

im still waiting on a back ordered part that will be my tip.. right now the end is about 1 inch too short...

i plan to use a expander design... for a flared tip....

raw material cost for me was about 160 bucks...
Appreciate 0