View Single Post
      11-09-2012, 04:04 PM   #12
Longbow64
_______
Rep
Drives: 15 M3, 13 X3 35i MSport

It's been identified that I have a bad wheel bearing. The wheel bearing has a magnetized strip around the outside that sends a signal to the wheel speed sensor. The bearing and my car are at the dealership and all was good until they tried to separate the hub to get to the bearing. The axle is not pusing out. The whole assembly is off the car and they get it apart. They've tried to soak it in some sort of PB blaster mixture and then press it out with no luck. The next step is to order the whole assembly which equates to $1500 in parts and $1000 in service. BMW is not sure if this is covered under the extended warranty (third party) because there is no mechanical failure in the attached components, they just can't get it apart. They called the company and explained that it was seized up and listed the new parts and additional service requirement. An adjuster will be out here by Monday. Looks like no autocross for me this weekend. Last one of the season this year. More to follow.