04-10-2011, 07:06 AM   #1
TAAXED
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: Golf

e92 M3 0-100 Times

Hi Guys,

I'm just looking for advice on maximising the performance from the car. I met up with a friend earlier who has a G'tech unit and we strapped it in to my car to do some 0-100km/h timing runs. My car is a manual and I came across a few issues...

What's the best RPM to launch at? I tried 3k, 3.5k, 5.5k, 6k rpm all in MDM mode...The high RPM launches resulted in too much wheel spin and I think the time was around 6.1+sec, the lower RPM launches seemed a bit better but the best I could manage was 5.5 seconds.

I also have a fair amount of wheelspin when shifting from 1st to 2nd, it was around 0.3 seconds or so, on top of the shift time 0.3 sec...Is this normal? Or is it because my car still has the 4 year old original tyres on it? The car only has 21,000kms though.

Regardless, if we were to remove that 0.3sec off the time, it's still only down to 5.2 sec for the 0-100km/h when BMWs claim is 4.8 sec?

Settings used were:

EDC: comfort
Traction control: MDM
Steering: The heavier setting, although not really relevant
Tire pressure: unchanged from when I bought the car, I was told by the dealer the rears were on 38psi, but that was about 5 weeks ago and I haven't bothered checking it since.

Any techniques or tips on extracting the best 0-100km/h time would be most welcomed!
2002 BMW e46 M3 SMG (Titanium Silver/Black) - Sold
Appreciate 0