View Single Post
      02-19-2011, 09:23 PM   #16
MVF4Rrider
PCA, BMWCCA
Rep
Drives: 997S, MV Agusta F4, E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Ryder View Post
I wouldn't agree with this statement........if that were the case non of us would own ///M3's or most other cars on the street. They take a major depreciation as soon as you turn the corner. I would also venture to guess that most don't buy a car thinking that it will be a collectors item in 20 years. Personally, I only care what it's worth later when I'm signing my lease papers........Phil
My point assumes used Aston vs. new M3. You can get a far better car by buying it 18 to 24 months after the first owner did. And many have extremely low miles and lots of warranty remaining. I'll take a slightly used Aston before buying a new M3. In the term of ownership, the Aston will have cost less and it's the more enjoyable car to own and operate. Not to mention, insurance rates have a lot to do with the type car and the volume of claims filed. When I went from my Z4M Coupe to the 997S my insurance dropped! Both cars 2008. While residual value isn't necessarily anyone's #1 concern, it's a factor which shouldn't be ignored. Ultimately side by side your M3 will be invisible next to the Aston. You yourself won't be able to keep your eyes off of it. It's THAT desirable. And if the money is essentially the same, then it's the smart choice for any automotive enthusiast.

Last edited by MVF4Rrider; 02-19-2011 at 09:29 PM..
Appreciate 0