View Single Post
      11-07-2008, 10:05 AM   #12
footie
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: i4M50

Garage List
All we have here is multiple threads basically on the exact same thing 'The GTR can't post this time in stock form' and almost always the same people post on them.

I still believe that Nissan wouldn't be that stupid to fake their thing with a car so far off stock. You have to remember that more than one manufacturer will be testing during their sessions and word would have gotten out long before now if it had have been this blatant a lie.

There is still countless amounts of evidence pointing to the fact that against the 997Turbo it is miles quicker when both are on the track together at the same time and in the same conditions. Also most of the stuff I have seen place the GTR almost on par with the GT2 and those occasions are on a very smooth race track very unlike what the ring is. In fact the only other place where these other exotic cars have been tested against the GTR in similar conditions to what you get at the ring is the time Autocar tested in the Isle of Man and there the GTR reigned supreme.

Though I still can't explain why so many other drivers are having such problems getting close to the Nissan time of 7:29. Even if Nissan were doing everything said in the OP's opening statement that would only account for possibly 6 seconds improvement (7:35) and none of the drivers are even getting close within 10 seconds of that.

The only other car I can think of with is equally brilliant everywhere else but less so on the ring is the Audi R8 and that's a lot more explainable because of it's lack of acceleration. The GTR is miles quicker than the R8 in acceleration and cornering, so if the R8 can post a 7:50 in the hands of Audi (unofficially) and 7:56 in SA's hands then one would expect the much quicker GTR to knock an easy 15 seconds off that.

The jury is still out.
Appreciate 0