View Single Post
      01-28-2010, 11:38 PM   #32
xxe92xx
Banned
Rep
Drives: 08 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickypaws View Post
I'm always curious as to why people ask these sort of questions.

I think they already know the answer themselves, regardless.

imho, the only answer is what you truly and honestly would like to drive and live with for a part of your life. And can afford to feed and keep healthy (and really want to spend.) Otherwise it's like shopping for D&G or John Lobb or IWC or Patek Philippe just because.

fwiw, I know someone who is very familiar with Ferrari (as on owner and mechanic.) He's no boy racer wannabe. He designs and builds one of the most popular set of exhausts for Porsche owners (he owns Porsches, too.) Here's his DIY website: http://www.p-car.com/

He's realistic about ownership and isn't concerned with brand names. He calls his Ferrari the "drama queen."

Here's a direct comment from him: "They are the biggest over priced piece of shit cars in the world." Honestly, I'm not making that up. Do your own research on Ferrari maintenance and repair.

Here's a pic of him doing a clutch replacement for an owner of a 360. The 430 is no better. They like to eat parts.

that is very subjective....most people who can afford them, dont know "how" to drive them...i also know a ferrari dealer/mechanic(owns a small dealership/shop) who would say the exact opposite, he also has experience with lamborghini, alfa romeos, pretty much everything euro
Appreciate 0