View Single Post
      12-02-2013, 02:50 PM   #54
MichaelJohn
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW i8, Kia EV6 GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfinwolfsclothing View Post
Agreed, plus BMW has yet to prove to me that their turbo motors are really exciting to drive. Nothing Ive driven with a turbo motor from BMW excited me. The m5/m6 just don't do it for me at all, and if the m3/m4 become smaller versions of those, then I can't see myself driving a car like that, especially seeing some of the other cars coming out.
I'm usually on the M5 forum but I couldn't resist commenting on this. When you say that the M5/M6 just don't do it for you does that opinion come from driving them or just not liking the idea of a turbo motor? I have an E92 DCT M3 and an F10 DCT M5 and for me the M5 is plenty exciting...scary exciting. I was worried about losing the instant response and exhaust note of the NA V8 but the forced induction V8 in the M5 is an absolute monster (with zero lag, and I actually like the exhaust sound). It is insanely fast. I love the car so much that the M3 is for sale. If the new M3/M4 turn out to be, as you say, smaller versions of the current M5/M6 then I say that's a good thing.
Appreciate 0