11-21-2007, 02:27 AM   #11
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
But Swamp, they've always offered the ///M without leather (..at least where the E46 is concerned), so why would it bother you now if they continued this theme? I am one of those individuals who would much rather have the speed cloth, but I do realize that I may be in the minority in relation to other forum members. I'd actually be more pissed off if BMW forced me to accept leather when I truly would rather do without it.
I thought I explained my thoughts on the car being offered with cloth very carefully and thoroughly? I know what has been done in the past but BMW is trying to move the 3er upscale. They are not doing too well if it has cloth seats as std. What bothers me the most is the horrific profit margin they will obtain on the leather. I realize it is great for those who want cloth, lucky you, for sure (seriously!). But I think you are in a very small minority. Leather should be standard. Cloth should be a no cost option just like adding a sunroof and getting rid of the CF roof is.
Appreciate 0