View Single Post
      07-10-2012, 05:42 PM   #623
GoingTooFast
Banned
Rep
Drives: fat cars are still boats
Location: compensating a fat car with horsepower is like giving an alcoholic cocaine to sober him up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMMM3 View Post
I don't know enough about Nico, but Schumacher seems to be driving better than him in the last few races.
You can't say that Kobayashi was out driven by his team-mate Perez several times this year based on the points table and at the same time not notice the huge difference in points between Nico and Schumacher to even mention the latter.

Quote:
Alonso is the most complete driver, I agree 100%.
I said probably the most complete F1 driver out there because I think Nico Rosberg is right there with Alonso (but being more reliable) would Mercedes be at the same level as Ferrari.

Quote:
Webber is highly under-rated, and is a strong contender for the championship this year. I don't think he's mentally weak, but I agree the team don't always support him. Like two years ago at Silverstone when they took the new wing off his car and gave it to Seb; but he still won.
There's no such thing as an under-rated driver in F1 unless there had been no chance to drive for a competitive team in a competitive car which is clearly NOT the case with Webber for some years now.

I'm sorry to say it, but there's several better F1 drivers than Mark out there. He should have been able to beat Vettel and I would be surprised if he did in the end of this season.

Quote:
Kobayashy is strong at overtaking, but again out driven by his team-mate Perez several times this year.
You have to pay better attention to qualifying and Sauber's strategies for each driver in the race.

Quote:
You've also left out both Lotus drivers from your list. Both excellent. Grosjean drove brilliantly to make up so many places on Sunday.
Grosjean is probably the less reliable driver of the lot despite of a VERY competitive package. As for Kimi, he is out driven by Grosjean more times than he should especially in qualifying.

Last edited by GoingTooFast; 07-10-2012 at 05:50 PM..
Appreciate 0