View Single Post
      01-18-2013, 12:16 PM   #132
MiddleAgedAl
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterSkiMask View Post
I think one good thing would be harsh penalties for the registered owner of any gun used in a crime. If the guy who pulled the trigger got murder 1 maybe the registered owner get murder 2.

This would encourage gun owners to properly store their firearms, report a stolen firearm, and properly transfer a sold firearm.
That idea sounds like a good start.

As far as I can tell, they way it is today, Adam Lanza's mother actually did nothing illegal herself. If you could magically bring her back to life, could you then charge her with anything? Obviously you could charge him if he was alive, but her? Accessory to murder wont stick in most places today since usually you must prove the accused had actual knowledge that a crime was going to be committed. A taxi driver who unknowingly drops a killer off at his victims house cannot be charged with accessory to murder. His mother bought the guns and ammo legally, she used them in a legal manner.

That's the thing. People say I've lost credibility by saying she was a responsible gun owner, but the point I was trying to make is that if the regulations are so damn relaxed that the way she enabled this horrible event does not constitute a crime on her part, then how can anyone argue that a tightening of said regulations about this is a crazy knee-jerk reaction? To me, clinging to that position in light of what happened creates a loss of credibility.
Appreciate 0