03-28-2006, 01:59 PM   #40
deutschmann59
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB 330ci
I'm here...people tend to believe what they want to believe. Read some of my other posts on this topic.

I think people are taking this way out of context. The US went before the UN for the resolution against Iraq. No matter how the resolution turns out in Iraq, the US had already made up its mind Iraq had to go.

People fail to understand that previous UN resolutions always gave the world body the right to interfere with Iraq. Saddam violated resolution after resolution without serious consequences.

Despite what the UN said, Bush wanted to take out Saddam and viewed him as a threat to the US. We know Saddam's history and know most of his motives. Recently declassified data from Saddam's regime indicates this.

Ask your questions and I shall respond to clear up some concerns. Remember today's journalism today is combined with facts and editorial analysis...It is sometimes difficult to separate the two in order to look at the pure facts and not speculation or editorial/perspective bias.

EDIT: What I have noticed people tend to go with the flow without any logical reasons to back up their positions. That is similar to saying all Europeans are racist against Muslims without backing up my statement. Why? Just because everyone else is doing it.
Well, the question I have is ok, if Saddam violated all these UN resolutions, then what about other countries doing the same thing...like North Korea and Iran? Why, out of all the places that are hostile against the US, did we choose Iraq?
Appreciate 0