12-16-2013, 12:14 PM   #253
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by finaloption View Post
love the Milgauss.. i like the green glass but the clear looks great in person as well..

the lightning second hand is due to the watch being originally designed to be an anti-magnetic watch.. hence the name milGAUSS
I like my Milgauss well enough, but it wears heavy, heavier than most Rolexes. I think the Faraday cage inside is what makes it that way. The green crystal is quite cool. Inside, it's often not obvious that it's green, but out in the sun, it shows as clearly green.

I got bored with it eventually. I spent some time trying to figure out what to do with it. Found this group called Blaken who customize watches. Sent them an email and await their reply. You can have your watch customized to suit your tastes (Choose the Individual link from the top of this page - http://www.blaken.com/en/home)

Here are a few examples:

What's not clear to me is whether after modifying the watch whether I have to then send it back to them for servicing. I know that if I send it to Rolex, they'll remove all the mods, restore the watch to its original style/condition and send me a bill for having done so, along with the charge for the service (the thing for which I'd have sent it to them).

I only recently learned of the option of customizing a watch, so I'm still exploring who else can do it. It seems the main customization is to apply DLC/PVD to the watch's exterior and mess with the coloring of the various design bits -- hands, dials, markers, borders, etc. Even so, it seems like a nice way to freshen up an existing watch of which one has grown tired.

I've found other companies who also do it and I've reached out to a couple of them also.
All the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 1