05-25-2012, 08:14 PM   #25
Singletrack
4th down; 4th quarter? Renegade.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 SSII E92 M3; 19 FG M5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3PO View Post
Surprise! The bearings in my '08 are wearing out! Oh joy! This is why I love Blackstone. They know their shit. And no, I don't drive it too hard. Just one canyon blast.

edit: And BMW is batshit crazy to say that it's okay to run the oil for 15,000 miles. It'd run out of additive and you'd start gumming things up long before that.
That TBN rating is bizzarre. Although it is also somewhat bizzarre to me that they don't always include the TBN rating. Do you do your own oil changes? If not, you sure the dealer is using the right oil?

Also - who is taking the sample? The dealer or you? Because you need to catch the sample in the middle of the oil draining. If you take it at the end, it could make it look at lot worst than it actually is.

As far as wear goes - there are a number of people that have talked about the redesign on the bearings, although it doesn't seem exactly clear to me what changed. So their could be some issue there.

Running higher octane and/or a less aggressive tune might help as well. No way to tell without logging. If you are getting detonation, that will increase wear on the bearings. What fuel supplier?

Also, you are always letting it warm up fully before romping on it right? Pushing it too hard too soon can definitely cause additional wear.

Sorry you are worried about this...just offering up some suggestions that may help.

Good luck man.
Appreciate 0