Rep
Drives: 11 E90 M3 Individual

Garage List
2004 BMW M3  [4.50]
2011 BMW E90 M3  [5.25]
2013 BMW 328i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jphughan View Post
Funny that you mention the BRZ, I just went on a long drive from Austin to Fredericksburg along a bunch of back roads with some co-workers and we swapped rides along the way, so I got to drive a BRZ and a 997 C2S.

Quick review: The BRZ is just a SPECTACULAR car. The back seats are useless except for maybe children's car seats and I'd definitely want the turbo version if I were going to buy one (it's obvious that the chassis can handle more power), but honestly it was such a perfect car through the turns that I didn't even mind not having much power to blast out of them. Those turns were made even more fun by the outstanding seats in that car too; very comfortable, very supportive, and very grippy. I was in love from the first long right-handed sweeper I came across -- it's amazing how much more poised a car feels when it's ~1000 lbs lighter than my M3! Or to state it differently, I can't believe that the current M3 is ~1000 lbs heavier than this car....

Anyway, it was just an absolutely sublime car to drive. Light, low, simple, well-balanced, RWD, a fantastic manual transmission setup, and even decent features and looks -- and all for not much more than an Accord! Hands down best fun per dollar car available now. I missed the sound of my V8 (especially on rev matches) because the four-banger is pretty quiet, but it definitely sounds a lot better than other four-bangers I've heard. I'm especially happy that Toyota was involved in this project -- nice to see the company that made the Celica GT, MR2, and Supra get back on their game after years of making nothing but soulless transportation appliances. You owe it to yourself to find someone who has one and take it out on a proper road.
Nice! I stopped by a couple of Toyota dealers just out of curiosity but of course there's a waitlist. I have time and don't need to be the first one on the block with one.

BMW is supposed to be partnering with Toyota to make an eco-friendly sports car.
2000 E36/7 Z3 Steel Blue
Appreciate 0