10-20-2013, 03:14 PM   #13
track_warrior
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malek@MRF View Post
On the E9x platform, you do not need to run -3.0* of front camber or -2.0* of rear camber.

Multiple days of track testing with different pyrometers, shows that -2.6* of camber up front and -1.8* of camber out back is what the car prefers the most with a 275 square tire setup and the best way to optimize contact patch. This will of course change and vary with different tire setups (square vs. non square). But based on your question on what the car does best with on a 275 square setup my recommendation would be the following for you:

FRONT:
-2.6* Camber per side
1/64" Toe IN per side

REAR:
-1.8* Camber per side
I cannot make a rear toe recommendation for you as I do not know the vehicle ride height. This will vary depending on height setup as the height selected will affect rear geometry and different settings will have to be applied.
Thank you so much for this advice Malek, it worked flawlessly. I managed to drop a full second off my lap time and tire temps were perfect.

Im surprised how well these coilovers ride on the street and on the track, i spoke to kw and they recommended i not mess with the settings, since they test at the ring and my local track is also bumpy i decided to leave the shock settings as they came from the factory and it works perfectly. Its a stiff ride but not jaw breaking, i actually think it rides much better than the stock suspension on eibach's.

Some pics of the Coilovers and install, DBC Tuning in San Antonio did an awesome job with the alignment and install.

Some pics of the install and the track: