View Single Post
      02-01-2008, 07:06 PM   #11
TheBry
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 G12 750i xDrive

Frustrating Sales Advisor

On guidance from a member in another thread, I actually tried to get on a waiting list for an e93 order this past Monday (and had deposit in hand). I must have completely baffled the sales advisor at BMW San Francisco. She asked me if I'd considered the options I'd like, and I presented her with a sheet I'd put together clearly indicating E93 plus lots of extra goodies (M-DCT, tech, premium, cold weather packages, iPod, etc...). She took the list (in person), then later in the day sent me the following e-mail:

"The first of the M coupe' s have been ordered and are available for sale and there is one that is the right color and may work for you instead of an order.

Jerez with the Black Novillo leather
cold weather
premium
technology package
19" wheels
Moonroof
rear sunshade
park distance
HD radio
satelite radio
USB I-Pod adaptor
premium sound

In the meantime, BMW has sent out a memo that all the 19" wheels are on back order and will not be available for cars in the March production which brings me to the question: How soon are you planning on taking delivery of the M?"

She completely missed the fact that I was talking about the CONVERTIBLE. I replied stating such, and I've heard nothing but crickets since. Go figure. I'll have to make another personal appearance.

Did anyone else have trouble actually getting on a waitlist? Is there some secret handshake I don't know about?
Appreciate 0