Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 Alpine White

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by deansbimmer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by L4ces View Post
The video is helpful. However, I believe I have bitten off more than I am willing to chew because the water pump pulley is obstructed by another pulley that I think needs to be replaced once removed. Were you able to avoid loosening other pulleys?

How did you manage to get the water pump pulley off?

Update:
I was able to force the water pump pulley through obstructions without loosening other pulleys nor disconnecting any lines whatsoever. Hope it goes on the same way.
The idler pulley on the oil filter housing may cause some headache when removing the WP pulley but if you need to create a bit of room just loosen the bolt 1/2" or so on the idler pulley to allow enough clearance to slip off the WP pulley. You should already have removed tension from the belt and slipped the belt off of the WP pulley.
Thanks again deansbimmer. I managed to get the WP off without needing to loosen the idler. I was concerned of loosening things a no mucking with factory torque settings and stuff because I am a wimp. I was much bolder when I owned a home and a garage!

Anyway, thermostat, sensors, water pump, water pump pulley and hoses changed. However, the problem with the fan running at full speed remains!
Appreciate 0