10-24-2008, 01:24 AM   #20
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Chevy Aveo

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT3 Tim View Post
Strange...I deleted mine and I thought the difference was minimal. I have the stock exhaust still on....

edit: makes sense now...you have an exhaust too. Mine exhaust is stock...the sound difference without resonators is not big at all. i actually want more of a growl. I thought I would get that without the resonators, but no.
you might consider that my exhaust is virtually straight pipes. my mufflers are pretty much wide open, you can see right through them. they're more like echo chambers, they only make the exhaust sound deeper and with a meaner growl. stock exhaust doesn't make a whole lot of noise at all...that muffler is heavy and filled will lots of channels to dampen the sound. i also have 3" true dual pipes. a lot more resonance. it sounds good, but it's too loud for me i guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTROIS View Post
That's one mean car!!! Great video Blakepilot and I can only try to imagine what it really sounds like in reality.
it really is insane in real life. like i said above, it's too loud for me. i wish it was a little softer because it's hard to be stealth with it. it wakes the neighbors and it rattles my back door if i leave it running in the garage, no kidding. anyone that has been to a local meet has heard it, i definitely win the ridiculous exhaust category. but my whole point is don't do it. it's too loud. i plan on changing it soon for that reason. some people might like it but it gets old pretty fast for me. hope this provides insight for people thinking about a resonator delete with some sort of aftermarket muffler.
Appreciate 0