08-15-2011, 09:09 PM   #14
Cabinetman
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 GMC Sierra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Halen View Post
What's your take going from rear wheel to awd, back to rear drive?
And from an NA motor to turbo, back to NA? And congrats- luckily you were able to keep an awesome weekend car.
I have pay more attention to throttle control again now that I'm back in a rear wheel drive car. In the GT-R I could be more abrupt in my driving style and get away with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James T. Kirk View Post
Did you sell off your GT-R because you couldn't afford it or because of its image to your employees?

If you liked the GT-R or preferred getting an M3, you should have stuck with one of them. A new Boss 302 with racing stripes and seats isn't exactly a statement of modesty.

I encourage you to just get what you want. Your employees don't really care what you drive.
My employees do not see my weekend toys normally. I sold the GT-R to save money because I took a pay cut before I started asking my employees to work less hours and give up some paid vacation time.

I completely agree that I should have stuck with the M3, but I got caught up in the chase for the perfect car. I'm not proud of that, but it happened. It cost me a lot of money that I would like to have back. The upside is I got to drive some pretty cool cars.
Appreciate 0