05-15-2011, 03:16 PM   #63
gatorfast
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by eisenb11 View Post
How is this ridiculous? To many people, the 1M is ugly and so is the 1-series. My girlfriend doesn't know about these thing, and when I pointed out a 1 series on the road, the first thing that she said was that it looked ugly.

While I like performance, I'm not paying that much money for such an ugly car. I'd rather have a 328 over a 128, a 335 over a 135, and a 335is over the 1M if the M3 weren't an option.

Most of the time we're not driving fast... So might as well look good, at least.
Not saying its ridiculous at all to have an opinion. I was merely commenting on the notion that the 1M supporters were the ones talking smack when it appears its the opposite. Looks are obviously very subjective...im not a fan of the 1 series looks in general but I will reserve judgement of the 1M until I see it in person. I remember being pleasantly surprised at how much better the 135i looked in the flesh than the photos I had seen online. My point was simply that it seemed like some people were almost going out of their way to take jabs at the 1M and seemed to get very defensive when someone compared it to the M3.
Appreciate 0