View Single Post
      03-31-2010, 04:46 PM   #1
ryandoc
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Edition

DSC Modes - Your Thoughts

A week ago I was out, on my own, cracking driving day on the North York moors.

Now, this is definetely the most technology I've experienced in a car. Ive always been a firm DSC kept on man, I'm not ashamed to admit my driving capabilities are not confident enough to loose the traction control altogether.

However the last few weeks I switched my M mode to 'M-Dynamic' for the DSC and had a good play the other week.

Now this wasn't exactly a top gear test, no power slides, tyre smoke etc lol. However I had a decent enough play.

It may have been placebo, but in terms of actually driving (ie not trying to make quick starts off a start line) I actually felt that DSC on gave the most responsive drive with the most feedback, I felt quite stongly about it, however I felt like I should have come to the conclussion that M-Dynamic woudl have been the best.

I wonder if its a reflection of my driving skills in general which doesnt bother me as the car challenges me greatly (I actually felt I got 'use' to my E46 M3 after 3 years), maybe if just felt safer and my sub conscience made me feel it was best, but my fore thoughts were that DSC being on allowed me to push harder and felt slightly more, maybe not quicker but well better.

What are your thoughts on this I'd be interested in feedback from a broad range of folk.

Thanks
Appreciate 0