armyav8tor
n1smo
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce.augenstein@comcast. View Post
You call the Boss 302 a POS, then say you're not hating on Mustangs?

Listen, I'm already on record in this string, saying that the M3 is a better overall vehicle than the Boss, and wins in every way except on track, drag strip or at the gas pump.

Still, the Boss is a great value. The LS model is not worth the extra money, in my opinion (since it's only slightly quicker than the base model), but even the LS goes out the door for less than $50K. At less than $45K for the base model (with Torsen), it's a steal.

Objectively speaking, these cars are absolutely not competitors, though. The only reason they get compared is because Ford stated their track performance goal was the M3 at Laguna Seca. Of course, they had already beaten the M3 like a rented mule at LS, or they wouldn't have stated that goal in the first place.

Click here at fastestlaps.com for a track comparison of the two cars.
You are the most opinionated guy in this forum and I still have not figured you out after how many years now? Like, you put in your info that you drive a Subaru Legacy and yet you are on this forum more than me. Retired? A lot of time? I don't know.... Just figure I put that out there... hehe

I'm not going to get sucked into a discussion with you because I know you have very good debating skills and have a lot of book knowledge. If your driving skill is half that, I would be really impressed. All I'm going to say is until I see one beat me on the track, I'm not going to show it the respect it may deserve. And I was overly critical of the Rustangs because they were trying to hold on for dear life not to give me the point by on Saturday (because the magazines and Ford had told them that they could hang with a M3). They learned to get the hell out of my way with a quickness on Sunday though. They were probably running in the 2:25s at most. This was at VIR. Like the instructors say, I didn't drop out of the sky. It's all in good fun though.
Appreciate 0