View Single Post
      05-03-2012, 04:16 PM   #46
Sauce
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Montego 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschefile View Post
I was serious. As important as the driver is, there is nobody that is going to take a bone stock miata and turn a 2:10 at VIR, the car just can't do it. I can't turn that time either, but I'm pretty confident a stock miata can't run a 2:15-17 anyway

I'm not an expert, and there are guys that can run at least 5 seconds than me in my car, but they are pros for the most part. Hell, Leh ran a 2:08 on PS2's. But that's the reigning rolex GT champ driving the piss out of the car.

You have to weigh the speed of the car and the skills of the driver, and for a stock miata to pass a stock E92 M3 the M driver has to be leaving a bunch of time on the table.
I know your serious, it's just funny that spawned from my comment. I don't think I've ever seen a stock miata on a track either lol. What do the spec miatas run at VIR? On a first name basis w/ Mr. Keen are ya
KW V3's, Sparco Pro2000's, Vorshlag CP's, JB4, Heat Wrapped Raceland DP's, aFe stg. 2 Sealed Intake, Miro 111's, Hankook RS3's 225/245 (for now), Seibon M3 CF Hood, Turner Motorsports Alum. Radiator, Big Tom IC, BMW Performance bumper.

Appreciate 0