United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 Cpe Silverstone FR 6MT

Garage List
2009 M3  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MP0WER View Post
My EAGLE eye.... pun intended?

My apologies, i wasn't intending to point out a flaw. I only asked because i was curious as to the distance and what lens you were using. I'm intrigued by how somethings can be blocking the shot and due to contributing factors they almost disappear. I may be going to a track day soon and i know i'll have to shot through a fence. I'm hopeful that i can find setting that blur most of it out.

With regards to perfect shots, i find that to be an impossibility. I haven't found an image where being there is less spectacular than the captured image. The camera isn't capable of capturing everything we take in with our eyes. In person is far more perfect than captured image in my opinion.
No harm and no offense taken, at all. I enjoy our contests, but don't consider it a life and death struggle to win. If I didn't want to reveal flaws I would have kept my mouth shut and not answered your question.

Yes, it IS amazing how much crap that you can shoot through and the lens will focus "around" the stuff between you and the subject.

I come close to "perfect" occasionally, it's always a goal, but there's usually not much going on when my shots are "perfect." When a subject stands still and you take 40 images in great light, it's easy to look like a genious. The camera can do amazing things, but you have to set up and execute well, particularly when things start moving.

About my bird shot here, I'm proudest that I was there. It's the result of many hours of shooting and chasing various raptors hoping to get a hunting shot with prey in-talon. I was on the right side of the light and wrong side of the fence. My lens setup was a little too long and too slow for the situation, but I fought through it to gain focus and get a shot (putting the 1.4xTC on the 500mm really slows AF). The hawk had been sitting on the fence post and I was shooting it there when it suddenly flew down on the other side of the fence. 9 out of 10 times the hawks come up empty, but you never know until they come back up off the ground. Anyway, I changed my position slightly to see it through the grasses and fence and had a reasonably clear shot when it decided to fly back up to its post and enjoy its success.