View Single Post
      01-25-2012, 01:13 PM   #1
MRSSIIM3
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 SO

Failed State Inspection

heres a little background on the car: innotech catless exhaust system, evolve automotive tune and window tint and no front license plate

knew things werent going to be easy getting state inspection done for the first time. ended up going to my dealership because they usually hook me up

they didnt care about the tint, didnt care about front license plate...

but they hooked up the OBDII to the car and it said "Not Ready"...

anyone know why this might be the case? I did a search and found a really old thread with a guy saying if your exhaust is catless, itll show up as "not ready" but nobody really agreed or said anything about that. could that be the case? there are no check engine lights or anything and I scanned with BT tool and there were no codes thrown because Sal @ Evolve made me a new file that wouldnt throw any codes for the exhaust

how do i get past the "not ready"? I have 30 days to get it reinspected

update
so i loaded up the 'stock tune' that I read off the car before messing with the software and I can confirm that stock tune + innotech exhaust = passing state inspection. i loaded stock tune, cleared all codes, drove the car for a few hundred miles and then got the inspection done and it passed and no check engine lights or codes at all

Last edited by MRSSIIM3; 02-08-2012 at 10:43 PM..
Appreciate 0