Endless619
DHS
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M4, 2020 Land Rover

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Dream View Post

So guys I've decided to take the plunge and finally move to where I've always dreamed of living . I will be making the move to San Diego two weeks from today and was hoping you guys could give me any tips about the city. Ive decided to move to finish my final semester of school at USD and go onto their law school program as i hear it is top notch. I have my mind set on renting a apartment i viewed in downtown San Diego. I will also be bringing my M3 with me as well instead of selling it, therefore i have a few questions about having that in SD as well.

First lets deal with the M3 issue. Are there any INDY certified shops that you have good personal experience with, will be just mostly for basic maintenance on the vehicle nothing more. I don't want to take it to the dealership as it will be out of warranty soon and the prices there are insane. Coming from Phoenix and everything being wide open and living in the suburbs i have become accustomed to washing my car in my driveway myself but as i said in downtown that isn't possible at all, any good car washes that you guys would approve to do a hand wash on my vehicle. Also any back roads (twisties) near SD that would be fun to do a day trip in my car with?
Automotive aside now any places in the city you guys would recommend a young man to see and experience. Any restaurants and or fast food that i should try out sometime. Fun night clubs or bars where would be easy to meet new people?

Ive visited San Diego many times but still the city is very unfamiliar to me because i have not had the chance to see much of it besides the touristy areas etc... So id like to open this thread to you guys to tell me anything you feel a newcomer should know/experience about the city.
All the best and thanks for any information you guys can provide me with
I would avoid San Diego all together if you can.

I am from there and own a home there but honestly its no dream city. There are so many major issues, I just couldn't live there again and am selling my home to move to a nicer city/town.

Have you considered moving to Honolulu? Seattle? Miami? Virginia Beach?
Appreciate 0