10-31-2013, 03:54 PM   #829
turbolag
is nonexistent with N/A
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litos View Post
my opinion on starter bikes is "what do you plan on doing with it ??"

if you just want to go on rides, stay conservative and occasionally go on a track day, get a 600 or 636.

they're light and fast enough to scare the shit out of you.

the small Ninja 250's and 300's will make your dick shrink due to the gross lack of power and true sport bike feel.

but if you want to brag about going 175mph in a straight line or you just really like going super fast (100mph in first gear on some bikes), you'll need to get a heavyweight Liter bike....

i'm opting to put a liter bike in my garage just for the novelty of saying "yeah, i got a pretty fast bike when i need it".

i really don't care for sport bikes anymore, but it's always cool to have one in the garage next to a cruiser....

if i feel like hitting 130mph in about 10 seconds, i have that option.

will i !?!? probably not.

but i like knowing that i can.....
I'm thinking 600-800cc sport/touring bike, acting as DD/corner carver, and I'm leaving my E90M3 for the tracking. The F800 GT/rninet both seem pretty appealing. I'm not looking for crazy power on my first bike, as I don't want to kill myself.

I'm not really looking forward to the F80 M3 as much as I was before, so I'm looking at a bike since I don't need any practicality. It'll be just a cruiser/corner carver in one.

I wonder if I should get a less powerful sport bike...600-800cc. Or go for a touring bike...
Appreciate 0