08-08-2012, 02:05 AM   #69
TurboBimmer
Lieutenant Colonel
Luxembourg
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92zero View Post
Anyone planning to just install the diff bushings? Member tres mentioned that he installed the diff bushings and there is no increase in NVH. However, member italyix mentioned that the diff bushings is really bad in increased NVH. But italyix also install the subframe bushing at the same time. Want to see if there is a clear result on which bushings increase NVH the most.
I've replaced the rear diff bushing (the big one) with a Powerflex polyutherane bushing on my 335i 6AT. There IS a slight increase in NVH. Gear whine is transmitted into the cabin, notably in the 3k rpm range. It's really not bad but definitely noticeable. So I suspect you would experience similar things on the M3.

Looking forward to the updates after the subframe bushings installations
Performance Seats, Exhaust, Splitters, Pedals, Steering Wheel / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / Forge FMIC / Quaife LSD / Öhlins Road & Track / M3 Suspension Parts / Solid Subframe Bushings / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Racing Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR DPs / Alpina TCU / COBB Pro-Tune
Appreciate 0