Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiem3 View Post
I have always lusted for an Aston Martin. A beautiful car but not a super car. Porsche is nice. But both cars are really two seaters. I don't think they are for me. Practicality!

I think what really matters is how you feel inside. Yes, you aim to have the best but at times you make the compromise to reflect your lifestyle, budget and family.

If I am driving an ///3 today, is because I wanted an ///3. I am happy with it. Period. I don't care whether the man sitting next to me is in a Ferrari or Lamborghini. I am content and I am proud of my car. I paid for it with my hard earned money ... all the more reason to love and enjoy my car.

Will I buy a Ferrari or Lamborghini? Maybe if I win lotto! Just kidding. I get enough jealous looks and at time comments. I don't want to attract the wrath of the people or make them believe I am super rich or plucking money from the trees.

I think ///3 is designed and built to differentiate from a series 3.

And I also like someone to define poor. If one can afford a ///3 one is not poor. They made a good judgement ... bought the car with the head not with the heart.

Also I love BMWs. I could have bought a C63 AMG if I wanted. It has more power, right?

I still feel top of the world every time I drive this car. Super car ... so you can brag you own one. No ... I bought this car to enjoy it because I want an ///3. It suits my lifestyle, my income and more importantly we can ride as a family ... my daughter, my wife and me. It's a "Super" car to me. Thank you.
Better words then this ^^^ have not been posted in this thread ... Well Done

May I add this ...

It's an all around car, you can take it to the office, go shopping with it and take the wife out to a fine restaurant (fine she might complain about the exhaust note, I give you that). On the weekend you can go to the hardware store, take the seats down and bring home that extra long item for the weekend project. Did I mention take her to the track.

Most of all for me anyway ... it is a safe and fast car power to call upon when needed (my first ///M3 saved my life otherwise I would not type this today) ... last but by no means least it does not attract attention like some other so called super cars do ... as I said an all around car and I like it that way.

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0