View Single Post
      04-27-2011, 10:18 AM   #19
///My5UV
Lurker
Rep
Drives: YMB F80, SS E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean05 View Post
I always hide my radar and ipod stuff out of sight just to avoid any issues.

When my wheels got stolen they took all wheels without a single scratch on the car and drop the car to the ground without any noise. probably took them less than 10 minutes but DAMN THEY WERE GOOD. fawkin GOOD even my dog did not hear them.
I wish I had competent thieves break into my old Mustang. Some idiots that had no clue what they were doing completely messed up the paint on the door as they tried to remove the lock cylinder with a screwdriver, then bent the window frame out to finally get in. They couldn't open the hatchback so they dragged some stuff out of the trunk area scratching up the interior, and they mangled it some more trying to steal the amp from my stereo. As a final act of stupidity they grabbed the key for the wheel locks from the glovebox but probably didn't have a jack with them to steal the wheels so I had to mail order a replacement key just so I could put on different wheel locks.

Insurance paid to fix/replace everything but it was a major PITA and the shop they recommended couldn't match the paint on the door so it looked goofy.

So yeah, make sure there's absolutely nothing of value visible in your car. I left the empty glovebox open for years after that. I do still lock my car even when it's in my garage.