Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 e90 325i, 05 325Ci (RIP)

Garage List
2006 BMW 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlhj83
Question, is there any difference between the rear subframe (apart from solid bushings) and unibody of the GTS and the production M3? I'm hesitant of putting solid subframe bushings as logic would suggest additional strain on the rear unibody subframe mounting points with solid bushings.
I'm fairly certain that solid mounts would actually put less stress on the unibody than rubber. Think of it this way: if the mounts don't give, force is applied in a relatively equal manner across the subframe. But if the mounts DO give force can be isolated in one area of the subframe, generating more shear force, and tensile force, on the bolt ad the mounting position on the unibody.

I could be totally wrong. Just thought I'd implement what I've gathered from my first semester of engineering classes. Haha
Active Autowerke Stage II | MMW CSv2 Exhaust | MMW Catless Headers | BC Racing BR Extreme Low Coilovers | custom adjustable rear suspension links | 19" Hyperblack CSL's | M3 style front | trim wrapped in brushed steel vinyl | Slightly smoked tail lights with clear reverse lights | factory xenons

Appreciate 0