Thread: E92 M3 to S3?
View Single Post
      11-04-2017, 10:13 PM   #15
jaehshim
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

that's a major downgrade from mechanical + car as a general stand point.
Ironically, you can't really compare M3 to S3, E9X M3 was developed 10 yrs ago after all.

Mechanically, S3 is just a 4 banger turbo that has recent "entry sport sedan" average power. a $23K GTI with a simple tune can outrun S3 easily, you get the point.

Car in general, the whole package is worse than a E46 3 series in my opinion, and I stand by this after visiting the dealer to look at A3 and S3.

In fact, CLA and A3 variant models are probably the worst cars in my opinion as "Audi" and "Mercedes"...it's like they seemed to stop the process in the middle of development.

Fancy gauge cluster, but everything else is just cheap cheap everywhere....It's like riding in the new Land Rover Discovery Sport. Fancy design exterior, very nice seats but other than the seats, EVERYTHING is just cheap plastic, the stupid gear selector, crappy soft touch material etc...

I also dislike the lack of backseat space in the A/S3, i felt more comfortable in a E92 coupe back seat than an S3 backseat. Soft touch plastic everywhere + a pop up screen just looks SO cheap in these recent audi models.

I just can't see myself paying that much money for the S3