View Single Post
      05-04-2013, 09:01 AM   #26
Majin Buu
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosborn78108 View Post
As a former owner of a 997.2 (had to "exchange" it for a Cayenne Hybrid to come to Germany as the family didn't fit in the 911--darn-it!) and soon to be M3 the discussion of GT-R, 911 and M3 is kind of like the discussion on what is the better phone.

All are great cars, can I beat a GT-R on the Nurburgring or any course--for a base 911 w/PDK no but I'll have just as big of a grin as the GT-R owner. I bought the 911 for it's handling and pure driving enjoyment.

At the 'Ring, there are many GT-R owners and not a single one has done the "mine's better than yours" childish crap to any of the Porsche owners. They have even complemented the Cayenne.

All 3 are great cars and when I get the M3 (June :-( ), it will be on the track shortly.

To the discussion about Porsche trying to discredit the GT-R for it's track time, the bottom line is the car IS faster than a 911. The advantage to all of us, is this forced Porsche and other manufacturers to better their cars. Heck a Cayman R with the 911 engine (or TPMS turbo) can better the 911, something Porsche doesn't advertise as people wont buy a 911--their flagship and their former cash cow. The new cash cow is the Cayenne--IMHO, a truck! But it has its purpose as the X3/X5M also do.

I like the discussion here and all make valid points. When I get back to the states in 3 years, CINQHOUSE said I can buy a new 911 but I like the 997.2, the 991 hasnt called to me (or the bank account). That said I will keep the M3 as I enjoy both.

Mike
Appreciate 0