Thread: Service Costs
View Single Post
      12-07-2010, 07:20 AM   #21
bej
Private
Rep
Drives: M3 Conv DCT

Just had my discs and pads done all round by Sytner Sunningdales...thru Anneka - £1,200 all round..front and rear good for another 34k miles but definitely not another track day....

couldn't get any other dealers' close to this price....even though they were advertising various 10% off parts....

Thanks Anneka!!!!

one gripe though is the obc which also told me I needed an oil service...what the obc doesn't tell you though is when plugged into the service desk computer, that it was also the recommended time for spark plugs change and changing the oil in the m's rear axle differential..

OIL - wasn't cheap - only saw the opie oils offer on the day - COST £148+VAT
MICROFILTER - £95 + VAT
REAR AXLE DIFF OIL SERVICE - £92 + VAT
SPARK PLUG CHANGE - £241 + VAT ????!!!??? - 8 plugs at £15 each + £140 labour....

- so all in a cool £1900...that was a surprise...

MORALS - will definitely use my own oil and source own plugs if poss...

With the diff service - car does feel different though and with the winter tyres - acceleration is noticeable improved even on damp services....

apologies if someone's already vented about the subtle add-ons which aren't always displayed on the obc...

oh and if you're car needs a service soon - worth getting it done before 1 Jan before VAT goes up another 2.5%....
M3 Convertible 2008, Jerez Black with individual orange peel effect (factory standard), Fox Red, DCT, EDC, High gloss, carbon leather, comfort access, Logic 7, adaptive headlights, Tubi Rumore, 20" BBS CX-R, 19" OEM and 18" OEM with Winter Tyres....investments in BP/Shell
Appreciate 0