View Single Post
      12-15-2008, 09:46 AM   #89
footie
Major General
Rep
Drives: i5M60

Garage List
South,

I haven't a problem with Porsche posting a better time in there own cars on that day, it's to be expected as the driver in question will be more familiar in the Porsche than anything else. My problem is the difference in time between the two cars (GT2 and GTR), if we are lead to believe that this test by Porsche was conducted on the same day then given Driver Republic data the result should have been within a few seconds of each. Lets face it, Porsche have a lot deeper pockets than DR and wrecking a GTR wouldn't have caused a blink of a eye in comparison but their respective times were miles apart.

You are correct in saying that until Sport Auto do their full test any result or discussion is a waste but even then it's all down to weather/track conditions and could vary as much as 5 seconds either way given the unpredictability of the ring. I personally prefer to look at tracks like Hockenheim, Silverstone, Croft, Laguna Sega etc to get a more balance opinion on a car's abilities and in this case the GTR IS as good as the rest costing up to three times as much.

Maybe the question we should be asking about that ring time is not was the car tweaked from stock but how many laps did it take to achieve this perfect lap?.
Appreciate 0