Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
I think we have to make sure this thread stays on topic because the OP came in with what sounded like a bearing issue. As he is idling and reving, you hear that metallic sound. If that is your case, that's probably a big issue.

The second problem is the clank during start up. That's completely seperate than the main bearing problem. I have that problem as well, but usually only when I start up on Monday after leaving the car in the garage all weekend. I think as long as it's not a prolongue sounds, I'm not too worried... for now. And my car definitely doesn't clank as loud as some of the videos on here.
+1.

I'm going to get some coffee now and am going to record the start and post it. I definitely don't have any bearing noise at all, just the click sound on start. After the initial start there is zero abnormal noise. I'm almost convinced this is normal because of the frequency of cars I have heard it on.

It seems to be something related to mileage. For example, I have 44K miles. A customers car that I did a CIC retrofit had about 52K, and his sound was more audible. A friend of mine has 28K on his, and you can totally hear it although it's not as loud.

Edit: Ok looks like I didn't post before getting coffee... So I took a video, and it did make the noise, but then I saw my iphone 5 rattle off the manifold and quickly turned the car off. Thank god the phone didn't get hurt or lost in there! I have a video I can post, but it's not very good. You can clearly hear the rattle though. I started it after retrieving my phone and there was no noise at all. So it's only after letting the car sit for at-least a day that it will make it, otherwise it's not there. I've asked technicians about this before and they claim that it's normal and the vanos pressurizing. I think we need to start another thread on this with a poll where everyone posts a video of their car starting after it was sitting for a couple of days, along with year, mileage, etc..

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----
Appreciate 0