View Single Post
      08-21-2008, 09:15 AM   #88
T Bone
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce.augenstein@comcast. View Post
I assume that's because you now agree that the RS4 performs just about the way it ought to against the M3?
No, it doesn't at high speeds. Repeating it won't make it so.

Quote:
There is a plethora of evidence indicating how powerful the 335 is compared to its rating, including dozens of dyno runs and the undeniable trap speed evidence from road tests and individual runs. ET? Don't know why you brought it up, because I didn't, and I don't regard it as a reliable indicator of power.
Yes I have seen the "evidence". We all know dyno runs not reliable and in fact can be manipulated and we only see the best runs.

This is why I proffered the video of a 333 hp E46 M3 vs a stock 300 hp 335i, many variables are removed and it is real world. A 300 hp car is behaving as it should.

Against the 300 hp A6, the 300 hp is significantly faster across the board and if it is not the motor, what else is there?

Quote:
GT-R? The jury is still out on that one as far as I'm concerned. We're seen trap speeds from 111 mph to about 120 mph on U.S.- spec models, so we'll see more as more road test data becomes available.
Hey did you call out the testing methodology error in one of the rags where they posted a 124 mph trap speed??

111 mph to 115 mph is about right for a 480 hp car.