View Single Post
      08-21-2008, 08:43 AM   #87
bruce.augenstein@comcast.
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 C63

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
...Since we are now on 335s and have dispensed with the Audi conversation.....
I assume that's because you now agree that the RS4 performs just about the way it ought to against the M3?

Quote:
There is a popular rumor on the internet that 335s and GTRs are underrated. There is also a wide variance between the E/T and Trapsepeed methods. We have no way to prove anything unless we had an engine dyno.
There is a plethora of evidence indicating how powerful the 335 is compared to its rating, including dozens of dyno runs and the undeniable trap speed evidence from road tests and individual runs. ET? Don't know why you brought it up, because I didn't, and I don't regard it as a reliable indicator of power.

GT-R? The jury is still out on that one as far as I'm concerned. We're seen trap speeds from 111 mph to about 120 mph on U.S.- spec models, so we'll see more as more road test data becomes available.

Quote:
Another observation that you can stew about....a stock E46 M3 is faster than a stock 335i at sea level...
Yes, marginally. The E46 has a minor advantage, based on road test evidence. That's because the M3 and 335 make similar power, but the M3 weighs around 150 pounds less.

Bruce
Appreciate 0