aussiem3
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Goggomobil

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by regular guy View Post
Keep in mind, you are getting information from a dealer service adviser, not a guy with mechanical engineering degree. When you ask him a question about this topic, he really doesn't know the answer. Trust me...the SA doesn't have the answers for you, so trusting him to answer these questions is trusting the wrong person.
I got the information from BMW Australia directly. I have some contacts within. I have accidentally posted some things the SA has said, but I don't trust them as far as I can throw them. I think you and I know more about the cars than an SA. I normally get advice from technical lead at the dealer or my contacts at BMW Australia.

I do agree with you 100 per cent about BMW trying to walk out of honour the claim and blaming it on other things. But the thing is, we are exposing ourselves to such decision because of some of our actions. We have every right to see what BMW are claiming before accepting it.

Hence the reason I go through the prescribed warm up process. If BMW does knock back my claim based on my tune, then I have to accept it. Whether the tune caused the respective issue or not is a different question.

Last edited by aussiem3; 10-13-2013 at 05:55 AM..
Appreciate 0