08-07-2010, 07:58 PM   #12
Hoo
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Interlagos Blue e92 zcp 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by cukoodukoo View Post
I am in the market to buy a sporty car and have M3 on the list of cars to try.I have no intentions to try it on track.It would be purely a daily drivers car[irrespective of weather].I have test driven the 135i and liked it [though the lag was noticeable].I haven't test driven an M3 yet.I wanted to know if there anyone her who used the M3 just as a regular daily car.Pros and cons?

The others in the list would be probably a S4[sry I am not brand loyal yet].
TIA
I'm now on my 4th M3 as a daily driver. I've never tracked any of them. I've used them year round with the aid of winter wheels and snow tires in Pennsylvania, and they do well as long as the snow is plowed or less than a few inches. I live in a small town, so bumper to bumper traffic isn't an issue, therefore I've continued to get manual transmissions--my newest car is a 2011Interlagos Blue e92 with ZCP, 6MT. I'm awaiting Alufelgen SF-71s 19" wheels in Hyperblack with Blizzack LM-60s for my winter wheels.

The only one I significantly modified was my 1st 1995 e36--put a Dinan chip and airbox etc and the engine blew with 1000 miles on it resulting in some anxious moments before BMW decided the mods had nothing to do with the engine failure and came through with a new car. I then drove my second e36 until I totalled it, made due with a 328 for 2 years, but it just wasn't the same. I then got my e46 which I drove for 9 years until replacing it with the e92.

I've enjoyed each one and each is a fairly practical daily driver--room enough for 4 people at least for short drives. Plenty of room in the trunk for golf clubs and a push cart, etc. You can certainly find cheaper cars to use as a daily driver, but I'm not sure that there are any others out there that I would enjoy driving as much on a daily basis.
Appreciate 0