View Single Post
      04-16-2012, 02:33 PM   #298
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Benvo View Post
By the way everyone, tested Euro MDM mode on my friends E92 M3 DCT yesterday, and it was AMAZING. Huge difference over the dummed down MDM that we have here. It would actually let me 'drift' through corners without overly-limiting the car. It was quite a thrill. I highly recommend it.
That sounds fun.

Question: Does this mean there are actually four versions of MDM out there: US MDM, US MDM for ZCP, Euro MDM, Euro MDM for ZCP? Or are there just two flavors, and all Euro cars actually have the same MDM? As I am typing this, I vaguely remember now something about the Euro ZCP cars not getting the enhanced MDM mode that the US did. They even have a different option code as I recall it. So I guess, if all their cars had the same enhanced mode from the get-go, that would explain all of this.

Also, having seen what you did for rhouck with the first known successful MDrive retrofit, I am very interested in that too. But I don't have iDrive which will mean more testing and other potential pitfalls. I will PM you more about this and get your thoughts.
Appreciate 0