View Single Post
      04-20-2014, 09:36 PM   #20
Liberation
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt_OH View Post
I stopped by the local Audi dealer a few weeks ago when dropping my 335i off for service. I thought it was decent looking. Not sure if I like the look of the scalloped rotors - they are monstrously thick though - but I'd certainly read up on it and consider it if I was ready to trade. It would at least start off with the not F.I. advantage over the new M3/M4. Still all the Audi's weight, the understeer, the AWD ... not sure if a good if unspectacular engine is enough. I need to see how much of a mess the M3 turbo motor is going to be. If it's the laggy mess that tuned 335's are, then no thanks to that.
The V8 in the RS5 is quite spectacular actually. Sounds better and has a higher redline than the S65.

I, too, was (still am) a huge BMW fan and never thought I'd buy an Audi but the RS5 is a phenomenal machine! The quality, fit and finish, engine, handling, and of course the looks make it an amazing car to own. Supposedly, they are only bringing 1,500 of this model to the States, so, its very exclusive as well.

I've had some good seat time in the E92 at the two day M School and it's an awesome car but I'm very happy with my RS5 and prefer as a DD over the E92.

However, I could definitely see myself in a new F80 in a few years....
Appreciate 0