View Single Post
      04-04-2011, 07:04 AM   #55
speed21
Rep
Drives: P/BM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpari09 View Post
Quote:
The m3 is a car that just works the moment u sit in it in almost every driving condition be it track or street.
The M does but it doesn't when you put the drive up against an 11 especially if we are talking manuals. The shift of the P is much better, the pedal weights and spacing are much better, ergonomics are better, the car just communicates better whether driving it fast or slow....more connected.

Quote:
It instills the kind of confidence that few other cars can match. It's not skiddish, twitchy or nervous when your blasting through your favorite back road and though I absolutely love the way a 997 looks, I am not a big fan of it's nervous twitchy nature and lawnmower like engine (however the 's' sounds a lot better than the standard car).
Im not sure how the 911 you drove was set up. Maybe the pressures were out or the alignment crap. I also don't get what you say on the engine note. That lawn mower motor screams all the way into the red....especially with an exhaust. The M3 is way too muted even into that addictive high redline. Pity really. Plus it lacks low down grunt.

Quote:
Like i said in my previous posts, I've been driving m3s and bmws for quite sometime and I just feel that it's time for a change. I don't like Mercedes or audis so the next step would be a beautiful highly respected 911 car. I know theres a steep learning curve that goes along with owning a 911 and I know that I will miss the drive of the m3 but life goes on with new experiences and sacrifices.
Actually i think you will be surprised. You wont miss the M3 at all....maybe the extra practicality of the boot and better back seat but how often do you use that? Unless the M3 is a 4 door you need a second car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by z00m View Post
Raced 997.1S many times and m3 always taking the edge at high speeds. In the city won't feel the difference. Both MT, and raced with to different Porsches. 997.2s with PDK would take m3 MT or DCT,no metter
Agree the M3 pulls away from a .1 S up top. Thats the extra KW's kicking in. But in day to day there is that lack of low down torque when you need it sometimes. The .2 is a different story though....more evenly matched in top end.
Appreciate 0