09-23-2007, 04:39 PM   #107
lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruff View Post
Ok lets just trust the auto manufactures, they would never put their honorable reputations on the line with a false number. That means based on manufactures times that the C63 is faster 0-60 than the M3, period. No need to question it, both manufactures published their numbers. No need for SportAuto to do 0-60 times with both cars sporting similar tires, with the same driver under the same conditions, why waste the time. We already know the M3's 0-60 times because BMW has already published it.
You really have a way of dramatizing things. I'm simply saying that, in the case of Ring times, if BMW publishes a number, I'd trust that to be the best case scenario for whatever tires they chose to use in the test (I provided solid evidence and rationale for why I wouldn't necessarily take SportAuto's time to be the best time unless BMW confirms that it can't get any better). Are you refuting the evidence I provided which demonstrates that SportAuto times can be significantly less than optimal?

What does any of this have to do with SportAuto doing an apples to apples comparison between two cars with the same tires and driver? That would be great. Also, if SportAuto were to ever somehow publish a number that was faster than the BMW number--I think is extremely unlikely or even impossible if BMW really wanted to post "the" best time--that would be great, too, and I would believe that!

With regards to 0-60 times, if a manufacturer choses to be conservative and, for whatever reason, releases a number that can be beaten, what is the problem? How would they be cheating us by doing that? We would have a problem if a manufacturer released a number that was unrealistically fast. To the best of my knowledge, BMW has not done such a thing. But since you seem to be on some kind of neverending mission to express resentment toward BMW (get over it or move on by the way because you seem to be eventually saying the same thing over and over again on each single thread you post), it doesn't surprise me that you are mistrustful of anything BMW might end up publishing.
Appreciate 0