Thread: Tint choices
View Single Post
      06-07-2013, 12:00 PM   #1
1fastdoc
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 R8

Tint choices

Sorry for hitting a topic that may have been covered before but with new films and options coming out all the time, I've had a hard time finding much good info regarding the various, most recent tints.

The local place with the best rep installs mostly Madico Wincos ceramic (which from what I understand really isn't a true ceramic). They also sell some lesser stuff but this is what they recommend for best heat rejection. I'm familiar with the specs of the product.

There is also Huper Optic, Pinnacle, etc.

My M3 is Space Gray and I'm concerned with the Wincos because I keep hearing people refer to it's slightly blue hue. While heat rejection is very important, so is a neutral color. Clarity is the most important factor for me. I plan on around 20% all around but I also want to be able to see through it at night with ease.

Also, regarding ceramics, I've heard mixed stories regarding the Comfort Access feature of our cars. I won't care how good it looks if I have to actually pull my key out of my pocket every time.

So for those who have tinted their cars in the last year or so, what have you used and were there any issues?
Appreciate 0