Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by eisenb11 View Post
I got a really good price on my order. I don't think any on-the-lot sales can beat it. But I read what you wrote about being in Canada, so things may be different there... but there is something else I wanted to point out.

When buying on the lot:
1. It's a pain sometimes to find the car exactly as you want it
2. It's hard to keep a relationship with your dealer if you jump around when buying cars.
3. Sometimes you want to buy a car at a specific dealership because they're closer (this also goes with #2)
4. That car could have been test driven - you know what the dealer tells us to do on M3 test drives... I don't want to buy that car!
All very valid points you make.

I know my next car will be a ED no question about it, I visited "Die Welt" in München in 2009 (driving a rented VW the next time I'm there it will be my M3 perhaps the next generation then taking it for a spin in Holland, Germany and Italy before handing it back for home delivery in Canada. Might even be a DCT V6 with twin turbos by then one never knows does one.

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0