View Single Post
      06-30-2011, 08:53 AM   #41
Manifold
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW, Porsche, AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poleposition View Post
For my intended use, there are no drawbacks. Ive had zero maintenance issues. Back seats for the kids and still more than enough performance to get into trouble. If you plan to track the car at all, which it doesnt seem like you do, then the vert isnt the right choice. As far as too much wind? Im not sure how to answer that. It's a convertible. What do you expect? Its not too much wind like you get in an AC Cobra but I'll say this: with the windows up and the wind deflector up, you feel ZERO wind allowing you top down driving in cold weather with the heat on. Also, not having a B-pillar, you can drive with top up and all windows down and you feel less wind than in the coupe. You wont have any regrets should you choose the vert. Just be realistic about your expectations. It's not a 911 Turbo. But it is almost as much fun, much more practical and half the price.

Good luck
Thanks for the info. Seems like wind shouldn't be a concern, and it's not as though the 911 isn't windy on the highway also.

I'd like to track the E93 if the track allows it (top up). Might fly, since it's a hard top? Otherwise, I'll be limited to tracking the C63, which should suffice.
Appreciate 0