05-23-2008, 03:36 PM   #10
J08M3
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 COUPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateBMW View Post
Come to think of it, I don't really have any idea if this would pass on a cop searching for something to ticket you on... but if you kept the extra plate in the cabin (between the driver seat and middle console) you could even just slip it up under the front windshield if you ever got pulled over and just say you haven't been able to get a bracket for it yet. I know this works just fine for the rear window with rear plates which I'd say the rear plates are arguably more important.

Plus, I'd rather keep the amber reflecters than put on a front plate.
only time I ever got shit for no front plate was when I had it in the windshield. When the cop pulled me over and looked at my car he saw it there and told me it had to be mounted on bumper. Once I took it out of windshield I never heard anything about it again, even after being pulled over a couple times. Kinda like out of sight out of mind. So my suggestion if you're not mounting it is to leave it home. Unfortunately my BMW dealer wouldn't let the car off the lot without mounting the front plate, claiming they were afraid they could lose the right to issue plates if they got caught. how they would get caught I have no idea.